and Show & Tell
PRIDE CITY QUILT GUILD
Minutes - 20 September 2021
As the Delta Variant is beginning to surge through our state and across the nation, we are once again asking that everyone attending our meetings wear a mask. We are keeping a record of attendance in case we experience any incidence of COVID.
Minutes - approved as published.
- As of the end of August, the Balances in our accounts: General Acct, $4095; Quilt Show Acct, $1280, and Raffle Acct, $437.
- The annual Audit was completed and all accounts/records were approved. Thank you to Joy Sterner and Diane Sabus for serving on this committee.
Committee Reports -
- Welcome/Sunshine - 39 members and 4 guests in attendance today. Winner in the drawing for one yard of fabric, for wearing her name tag: Barbara Bell.
- Presentation cases - one brought by Esther.
- Fat Quarters - this month the theme is Batik; we have two bundles of 5 fat quarters. Drawing: Allie Russell, Agnes Jantz. Next month's theme is Fall.
- Charity Quilts - Agnes and Naoma each brought us 4 kits today. Naoma showed a quilt made by Lorraine which will go to Hospice.
- In-House Drawing - #1: Christmas tree skirt pattern/1 yd fabric/snowman panel (Teresa Grice). #2: Halloween pillow (Mary Beth Shaufler). #3: Squedge ruler with book Bending the Line (Dianna Hardrick).
- Today - make a Spider Web quilt, guided by Jill.
- October - Sew-Together with Mary Kay to make a Moravian Star. Kits were ordered for those who prepaid, and have been received. Meet with Mary Kay after the meeting today to receive instructions for prep work to be done prior to next month.
- November - a mystery quilt hosted by Peggy.
- First page with fabric requirements and some cutting instructions were given last month. Page 2 with the first 4 clues were given today. [Also posted on our website under the Announcements tab] Page 3 with additional clues will be given next month. Final clues and Reveal of the Mystery will be at the Sew Day in November.
- December - No Luncheon again this year. We do have Fun & Games planned!
- Programs for January, February and March are already planned so that the incoming program chairmen will have arrangements in place for their first months.
- The annual Mennonite Auction will be held at the Rocky Ford Fairgrounds on Saturday, October 16. Several of our members donate quilts for this auction.
- The San Juan Quilt Guild in Farmington NM will hold a Quilt Show October 8-9 (Fri 10-7, Sat 10-5). Admission is $5.
- Carol Clark is doing as well as possible - we will hope to see her next month.
- Thank you to the ladies who helped with setup and takedown of our booth at the State Fair, and to those who worked a shift during the Fair. We received many compliments, and much appreciation from the Fair people as we were there every day (some exhibitors were present for only a weekend).
- Volunteers to serve as the Nominating Committee will be sought next month - October. Elections will be held for the offices of President, 1st and 2nd Vice President (these officers serve as program chairs), and Secretary. Pat Rotolo has generously offered to continue as Treasurer. Several committee chairs have also offered to continue, recognizing that these positions are appointed and serve "at the pleasure" of the President.