and Show & Tell
Minutes - 15 March 2021
- We can accommodate up to 40 people with chairs spaced 6' apart (no tables), hence the need for RSVP if you plan to attend our meeting. Even though many of us are now fully vaccinated, we still require masks to be worn. This is our first meeting since October 2020.
- When Napoli, Italy, reopened from the pandemic, they sold 60,000 pizzas the first day!
- Our Button Jar has been well-travelled! We started in July 2020 with a High of 5000 and a Low of 300. Following the August guesses, we have two members who are within 100, and 3 more who are within 200, of the correct number. Guesses include a High of 3258 and a Low of 777. Submit your guess on that small slip of paper - we will continue the guessing until someone is within 20 of the correct number. A prize of one yard of yellow fabric was announced in July, joined in August by a 1-½ yd Hawaiian print, and in October a 70" cut of green fabric. A $20 gift card to First Stitches was added to the prize pack in September.
- As of the end of February, the Balances in our accounts: General Acct, $2230; Quilt Show Acct, $1551, (a check written was in March for $552); and Raffle Acct, $32. The report will be filed for audit.
- Today - A second COVID Show & Tell.
- April - Mrs. Moo (she teaches at First Stitches) has many quilts and will present a trunk show. She has asked Mary Kay and Peggy to help choose the quilts to be shown. She has many class samples so if you have a technique you would like to see, let Mary Kay know so it can be included in the trunk show.
- May - If restrictions ease, we will have a Sew-In to make the 40 lap quilts that Linda brought kits for today. The Guild purchased batting for this project, and Linda will donate some of the backing fabric (needs to be 45"x55").
Committee Reports -
- Love Quilts - Naoma needs donations of fabric for kits.
- Membership - We had 26 members present today. Dues for 2021 are being accepted - $25 by cash or check. Please fill out a form and turn in with your money. Several ladies paid their dues today, including one new member who recently moved here from Denver. A new roster will be available at the next meeting.
- Quilt Show - Entries are due this Saturday, March 20.
- Show dates are April 1-10, and the Museum will be open on Monday, April 5, to accommodate our Show.
- Quilt take-in will be on Tuesday, March 30, and returns on Tuesday, April 13 (the Museum is now closed on Mondays).
- Yard signs will be available for pickup when you drop off your quilt on March 30.
- The signup sheets for shifts as Hostess, posters and small handout slips are available today.
- In-House Drawing - will be held again beginning in April. Also next month, a special drawing for a new Brother DesignNCut will be offered, model DC200ULE. Tickets will be $1/ea or 6/$5.
- Mary Kay has a medallion medal to award to the person who made the most masks during the pandemic. Everyone present today filled out a slip with name and number of masks made. Winners drawn at random: 1. Diane B. with 500 masks, won the medallion and a pink charm pack. 2. Mary Beth with 375 masks, won a fabric kit. Rumor: Marilynn C. (not present today) made 1200 masks!
- Donations of Love Quilts today - Diane S. with 7 quilts.
- Presentation cases - Barbara Bell brought two today.
- Our budget for Programs is low due to reduced membership. Mary Kay and Peggy are seeking members to teach some programs in lieu of hiring speakers.
Minutes recorded by Nancy Shaw
from notes taken by Cathy Ortega