and Show & Tell
PRIDE CITY QUILT GUILD Minutes - 20 June 2022
Meeting called to order at 9:30 by Jill Jespersen.
Minutes - Approved as published (Joy Sterner did not receive minutes. Must check her email)
Mary Kay Witte was under the weather, Holly filled in for her with the in-house stuff.
1. Bundle of Fat Quarters - Nancy Shaw
2. Homemade bag by Allie Russell with quilting gloves, ruler, etc. - Connie
3. Stitcher's Garden Row By Row kit - Donna Paulson
4. Wall Hanging kit - Mary Beth Shaufler
5. Spinning Stars Table Runner - Carol Briscoe
• As of the end of May, the balances in our accounts: General Acct. - Start - $5098.84, End - $6323.94, Quilt Show Acct. - $1289.11, Raffle Acct. - Start - $1066.86, End - $1241.86.
Today - Marianne Jeffrey Trunk Show and Chair Yoga for Quilters. Peggy teased new Mystery Quilt. 4 colors needed with examples of color mixes and yardages of each. The class will be $10.00 to cover printing of instructions.
July - Christmas in July. Show and Tell should be Christmas. There will be Christmas games and crafts.
August - Allie Russell will conduct a shopping bag class. The cost will be $10.00 per person.
September - Jan Schuping trunk show.
October - Assemble mystery quilt.
November - Assemble charity quilts
December - Christmas party. It may be catered or possibly potluck.
Committee Reports -
Welcome/Sunshine - 40 members today with 8 guests. Guests were Myrna, Shera, Terese, Nancy, Chris, Karen, Liz, and Donna. Drawing for one yard of fabric for wearing a name tag went to Marianne Jeffrey.
Fat Quarters - Theme for June was patriotic. Three bundles of six each were gathered. The winners were Mary Beth Shaufler, Gale Miller, and Dianna Hardrick. Next month will be purple.
Naoma brought in 4 charity quilt kits in April, and they were brought back. Someone brought 8 tops to be quilted. Diane Sabus took some finished quilts to Nurse Family Partnership. Naoma took 6.
Sara Warren, our librarian, encourages everyone to check out books. Please let her know if any additional books are wanted.
Mary Beth Shaufler requested newsletter input by June 27th.
Agnes Jantz brought in 12 quilt blocks of the month. These blocks went to
Terese Farar. Agnes will be gone for the next two months, so needs someone to take over blocks of the month for the next two months. Diana Hardrick volunteered.
• Cathy Ortega received a letter from Joan Stover. She is unable to get to our guild meetings since her husband passed away. She would like to hear from us. Her address is: Joan Stover, 107 E. Village Terrace, Woodland Park, CO. 80863. The full text of the letter will appear in the upcoming newsletter.
Respectfully submitted, Mary Beth Shaufler