and Show & Tell
PRIDE CITY QUILT GUILD
Minutes - 19 July 2021
Minutes - approved as published.
- As of the end of June, the Balances in our accounts: General Acct, $3514; Quilt Show Acct, $1280, and Raffle Acct, $437. The amount expended from two accounts, Library Books and our P.O. Box Rental, exceeded the amount budgeted. The report will be filed for audit.
- Motion: I move to ratify the checks written that exceeded the budgeted amounts. (M. Naughton/T. Grice/Passed unanimously.)
- The Fabric Sale to members last month earned $760. This will cover our overages; the balance will be put toward Programs.
- We have 61 Paid members, plus two half-year members. Our budget was based on 60 members.
- We need 3 volunteers for the Audit Committee.
- We need ideas for Programs. Two ideas suggested so far:
- Make a tote for an iron
- Have a Sew-In to make an easy shopping bag (to replace plastic bags)
- Today - we will have three mini workshops - by Kay, Teresa, and Cathy. Kay will demonstrate her Double Diamond Ruler, Teresa will show her Go! Cutter, Cathy will show how she makes greeting cards.
- August - a Sew Together guided by Mary Kay, to make an Open Wide Bag. Workshop Fee - $10. An Instruction Sheet of required prep work is available today and is posted on our website under the Announcements tab. Mary Kay brought both a medium bag and a large bag to show those who have signed up for the project.
- September - make a Spider Web quilt, guided by Jill. Info sheet with fabric requirements and initial cutting is available today and is posted on the website. Workshop Fee - $10.
- October - another Sew Together with Mary Kay - this one to make a Moravian Star. This is an English Paper Piecing project and would make a nice Christmas gift! Info sheet posted on the website under the Announcements tab. Workshop Fee - $10.
- November - a mystery quilt will be led by Peggy. First page with fabric requirements and some cutting instructions will be available in September. The 2nd page with more instructions will come in October. Instructions for final assembly will be in November.
- December - some kind of Christmas luncheon - perhaps a box lunch or something catered/served to minimize handling of food and utensils. We prefer to avoid a potluck at this time.
Committee Reports -
- Presentation Cases - Joan Stover sent 10 pillowcases.
- Welcome/Sunshine - 39 members today, no guests. One new member. Drawing for one yard of fabric (brown Stonehenge), for wearing her name tag: Debbie Marsh.
- Fat Quarters - theme this month is Pink. Drawing: Dianna Hardwick, Kay Loudenberry. Theme next month is Children.
- Charity Quilts - Naoma has 2 kits today, Linda has 2 kits.
- What size for Nurse/Family Partnership? Baby quilts, lap quilts.
- What size for YWCA Women's Shelter? Lap quilts 42"x60" up to twin bed size.
- Size for lap quilts for senior & nursing homes? 40"x48" up to 40"x60"
- In-House Drawing - 1. Book/pack of vintage blocks/clip-on sewing machine light (Teresa Grice). 2. Template/book/prequilted flannel panel (Carol Nachtigall). 3. Quilty angel ornament/Tula Pink unicorn head straight pins/panel (Mary Beth Shaufler).
- The annual Mennonite Auction will be held at the Rocky Ford Fairgrounds on October 16.
- Pride City will host a booth in the Creative Arts bldg. at the State Fair this year - we will have the same space. Our quilting frame will be set up; members are encouraged to bring handwork and sit for a shift in the booth - we talk with each other and with the visitors! Signup sheet for a shift is available today. Fair dates this year are Aug 27 - Sept 6. Need volunteers to set up the booth - see Holly if you can help.
- Quilt Entries for State Fair - entry form is online; deadline is this Friday, July 23.
- Check out the Announcements page of our own website (pridecityquilters.org) to find two sewing tables for sale by one of our members.